20 Best Maps of 2014

Happy new year! In this post I have summarized my 20 favourite mapping projects from 2014. This has been an exciting year for me! I was promoted in my role at Golder Associates, working as a GIS Analyst and Cartographer on urban and environmental planning projects; however, I resigned in august and moved to Toronto to begin my Masters in Urban and Regional Planning at Ryerson University. I have continued to produce maps for this blog in my spare time using open data and I was recently hired to create maps for Dr. Richard Florida at the U of T Martin Prosperity Institute. I already have some exciting ideas for 2015, so consider subscribing to this blog to see more cool maps in the future!



 Vancouver Property Values




Metro Vancouver Commuter Challenge Trips




Comparative Study of Bicycle Infrastructure




Population Density in Metro Vancouver and Toronto






Average Home Value in Metro Vancouver




Median Income in Toronto




Visible Minority Population in Metro Vancouver and Toronto






Social Determinants of Health Research for Cowichan Valley






City of Vancouver Integrated Stormwater Management Plan Analysis




Skate Park Planning Community Consultation 




Assessment of Building Permits in Toronto




Assessment of Park Accessibility in Vancouver




Analysis of Dog Licences in Toronto and Most Popular Dog Names













Community Gardening in Vancouver and the Arbutus Corridor




Street Lamp Density in the City of Vancouver




Neighbourhood Design Evaluation of Cabbagetown




Environmental Assessment for Woodfibre LNG Proposal




Environmental Assessment for BURNCO Mine Proposal




Valentines Map




Walkability Map of Vancouver




Want More? Check out my "Thirteen Best Maps of 2013"